Current Study Locations
This study is currently taking place at the following two locations in the San Francisco Bay Area in California:
|Stanford University School of Medicine (Palo Alto, CA)
VA Palo Alto Health Care System
Note: This study is open to those who live in proximity to the greater SF Bay Area. Provided that transportation is possible to and from Palo Alto for study visits, mileage reimbursement may be provided for travel.
Can any Veteran participate?
- Are experiencing insomnia or poor sleep quality (e.g., difficulty falling asleep, staying asleep, or waking too early) for at least 1 month
- Have been feeling down or depressed (e.g., sadness, or lost of interest in activities previously enjoyed) nearly every day, for at least 2 weeks
- Are not currently substance dependent
- Are not working a shiftwork schedule (schedule overlaps with midnight)
If I am eligible, how will I know?
If you are interested in the study, please contact us to schedule a brief phone screening or appointment to learn more about the study. You can also review the questions below to see if you may be a good candidate for the current study.
During the past 2 weeks, have you experienced the following?
- Difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep, early morning awakening, or non-restful sleep?
- Difficulty with daytime function, due to sleep disturbances?
- Concern about the causes and consequences of insomnia?
- Feeling depressed or down?
- Loss of interest or pleasure in activities you previously enjoyed?
- Difficulty concentrating and fatigue?
- Feelings of worthlessness or guilt about things you had either done or not done?
- Unwanted changes in appetite (increased, or decreased) due to the way you’ve been feeling?
If you found yourself answering “yes” to many of the items above, you may be eligible to participate in the current study. For a free phone screening, please contact us to learn more about Project SERVE.